- Depart at 7am from City Pick Up
- Stop at lookout in Blue Mountains
- Stop at Mt Victoria
- Jenolan Caves- Private 1.5 hr tour included
- Picnic lunch in cave. Search for Platypus in nearby creek
- Follow the more scenic way to Bathurst, stopping to pan for gold in the creeks where gold was first discovered.
- Bathurst- do a lap of Mt Panorama
- Stop at Orange, birthplace of Banjo Patterson
- Arrive at Inglevale station
- Introduction- settle in
- Sunset dinner- Traditional Australian BBQ with lamb chops, kangaroo meat, campfire roast vegetables and other bush tucker.
- Damper for dessert
- Bush poetry, whip cracking, Aboriginal dance, campfire songs, Star gazing
- Accommodation is authentic, including cabins with bunk beds (20 beds), caravans (5 beds) and an established campsite ofÂ twin shareÂ tents (10 beds) all equipped with comfortable camp beds. The truly adventurous also have the option of â€œswagging â€œ under the stars.
- There are two bathrooms with hot showers and flushing toilets.
- Electricity is available.
- Wake up
- Australian farm-style country breakfast of eggs and bacon, Billy Tea
- Station experience:
- Mustering display with horse and dog
- Sheep shearing
- Plough pulling, equipment display, pull cart rides
- Horse and dog tricks
- Walk to top of hill/wagon ride
- Lunch and honey demonstration
- Rest stop in Orange- in historic Cook Park, underneath ancient trees
- Drive back along the Great Western Highway, Australian â€œRoad gamesâ€ will help pass the time
- Stop at historic Lithgow
- Drive back via the scenic Bells Line of Road.
- Optional Boomerang Throwing session
- Drop off in city at approximately 5pm
Wet weather contingencies
- UDU guides will tailor the tour accordingly based on what the weather is doing. The major items have contingencies:
- Jenolan Caves are out of the rain anyway
- At Inglevale, there is a shearing shed which protects from bad weather
Transport is in Air Conditioned mini-bus/s, comfortable for long journeys with headrests. Â A mix of music depending on the time of day will be played, including traditional Australian songs, modern Australian music, and international/popular music.
The most crucial ingredient to a great tour is your guide. UDU offers unique itineraries and pays attention to all details, but it is your guide that will bring it all together in way that is personal to you. Our guides want to meet you, they are genuinely interested in people from all walks of life, and want to share with you their love of Australia.
Our guides do not strive to be professional (although they’re never unprofessional), but instead strive to ensure you smile, giggle, learn new things, feel young again, make new friends, taste and smell new flavours, hear new bird songs and look at what others may miss. UDU ensures guides are qualified and as knowledgeable as possible, but the secret is ensuring that guiding is their passion.
For this tour the guides will usually be Andy Richards, and/or Dr Garry Richardsâ€¦ a father and son team that works well and provides a great mixture of youth and experience.
Photo and video package
At least one of your UDU guides is also a professional photographer, and will take photos and videos of the action, as well as some great team shots. Â Quality SLRS, and waterproof cameras ensure every great moment is captured. These will be edited and provided to you in High Resolution, a great memento for the University.
The tour is an all-inclusive package:
- Expert, memorable guide/s
- Real gold panning in original creeks
- Jenolan Caves â€“ Private Tour
- Inglevale Farm activities, demonstrations and entertainment
- Accommodation for one night (including bedding)
- Traditional BBQ Dinner
- Hot Breakfast
- Lunch x 2
- Some drinks (non-alcoholic)
- National Park fees
- Photo package
Also included is a night tour for the group on another night in Sydney.
What to Bring
Itâ€™d be best if two bags were brought per person, one for during the day and one for at night/the next day. UDU will organise any gear brought for the whole group.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather, for two days and one night
- Closed walking shoes
- Swimwear & towel
- Water (approx 1L)